Sunday, January 8, 2012

Brotherhood

I had a pretty good night last night, went to work, met the former presidents brother, Mr. Marvin Bush himself. He seemed quite nice. Next time I see him I hope to be able to speak a little better though, haha.


I think about some of the jobs I've worked and the things I do and its amazing to me the "brotherhood" or "network"..built within LE. And today is not going to be about bashing them, or showing them in a bad light...today I want to give credit where credit is due. I am all about fairness.

Police are some of the most hard working, dedicated people I have ever come to know. It does take a special kind of person to carry the weight of what they face in a single day alone. They have to see us at some of our worst points in our lives. They have to be the barers of the worst news someone will ever have to hear in their life. They often have to be both good and bad guys. They have to be life savers, counselors, doctors, teachers, and discipliners, many times within a 24 hr period. And they have to do it without harm to themselves or their families. There are calls that they go to that may mean they don't go home to their families again.

I wish they would know, that it isn't that I am not grateful for cops, I am grateful for their service, I have said before I know some very good ones.

I know what it means, what Brotherhood means, I know that the check they sign each week, is signed with their life. There is no guarantee, ever for that next check. I do take the police serious. I am not a law breaker, and I have no desire to be.

It is not LE in general I have a bone to pick with, it is the system.

I am proud of our LE, under the circumstances they do the best they can with what they are forced to work with.


No comments: