Saturday, January 7, 2012

The 411 on Cops, My Views

Had a very good long talk with a dear friend today, whom opened my eyes, today on a few issues.

In those conversations I realized that I don't hate the police but I don't trust them either. Just the same as you can like someone and not trust them as well, however for me personally, it works just like that, it is hard for me to "HATE" anyone, I don't hate anyone, not even my worst enemy, and currently I only have 1 of those to my knowledge.
I don't like to hate anyone, but there are some I don't like. And if I don't like someone it is because I have lost all trust in them. Main point being, I don't trust law enforcement, because they operate on a crooked judicial system. Unfortunately in my little world, they are everywhere, I can't avoid them, and even if I were to avoid them, they know people I know, I know some cops that are nice people but just because they are nice, doesn't mean I trust them anymore.
I happen to also be in a position where I have to help them, this I don't like,  I have thought about quitting that position, I have thought about relieving myself of any of the duties I currently hold to assist them in any way, volunteer or otherwise. I do believe I'm in a bit of a pickle.
However it is rather difficult to continue to be in an environment where they are everywhere. I want to wash my hands of them so badly. And I frequently ask myself, why help officers that live up to a judicial system that has never helped me?
Yet in the same respect, there are many that hurt if I don't.
Bad thing is, I've had some friends/associations of cops I once trusted. I worked particularly hard at not generalizing them because they were officers. I was on my way out of that habit when all of a sudden I needed them and once again, they weren't there. I mean really there. As in support, or helping me seek justice. Its a shame really, I once thought highly of them. It is not a matter of how will I get that trust back, it is a matter of IF I will ever want it back.
Oh well no sense in harping on old matters, onward with a better perspective tomorrow, hopefully :)

P.S. I am most certain I will have if not a better perspective tomorrow, then atleast a different one.

No comments: